If you donate plants to the sale you get some special perks!
- shop early, at 9 am. The sale opens to the public at 10 am
- discount on your plant purchases. We tally up the “retail” value of your donations and give you a credit slip for 50% of that amount.
This is not a “swap meet” event. All the plants are donated to the sale and all proceeds go to the Garden Club.
If you’re donating plants please bring them between 8 and 9 am on the day. If that doesn’t work for you please contact us to arrange for an early drop off.
There are a few rules we ask you follow. We are selling your plants so they need to be nice! We don’t want the stuff you’re trying to get rid of. If it’s badly behaved in your garden please don’t inflict it on paying customers– who are also your neighbours!
- plants must be potted– please no hastily dug offerings dumped into plastic bags. Potting mix is preferred but if you must use native soil please make sure there are no worms or aphids or other critters stowing away in the pot. Ditto for weeds.
- volunteers and divisions are welcome but please pot them a few weeks in advance so they can recover and perk up in time for sale day
- If you want to offer plants but need help with potting or potting mix, contact us. We can help with the labour and the expense. We can also supply pots if you need them.
- If you’re bringing home-grown seedlings please make sure they’re nicely rooted out in pots large enough to sell individually
- bring “nice” plants. We will turn away the following: goutweed, common violets, periwinkle/vinca, mint.
- If you must bring “borderline” thugs (ditch lilies, Jerusalem artichoke, ajuga) we can accept them but may not give you credits for them.
- labels! If you only have the common name we can help you with the full ID and make a proper tag. If you don’t know the cultivar that’s okay, just put the species name. If you don’t know the name of it, please don’t bring it. We can’t sell mystery plants 🙂 What we’re trying to avoid is plants that are un-named or plants named so generically that the buyer doesn’t know what it might be. For example “yellow daisy” could be any number of things. Or “blue ground cover”. Or “tall sunflower”.
If you have any questions about the sale, please email or phone: firstname.lastname@example.org or 289-788-1345